I'm trying to adapt the Flavor theme into a sort of news website, but I'm looking for a small tweak in how the images are currently displaying.
- Would it be possible to add a small caption containing the "post date" and "post time" over the images showing on the main featured slider in the homepage (similar to the caption we have for the category)?
- Could we have the same thing being displayed on the articles appearing in the "Post Loop" area for the "grid view"? I know it already shows on the "List View", but it would be extremely useful if we could the post date and time being shown on the grid as well,
- Finally and not much of a different request from the previous ones, is there any chance this "post date and time" could also be displayed on the "Trending" and "Sizzling" sliders?
Thanks in advance,
The ability to do this is not within the theme options and would require custom edits to the code within the theme files, which is outside the scope of free support (please read our support policy for further information: http://industrialthemes.ticksy.com/faq/743). If you have a question about the location of certain code within the theme, I would be glad to point you in the right direction of which theme file(s) contain that code. If you need to hire a developer to help you with theme customizations I recommend Elto.com for great developers: https://www.elto.com/?invite=industrial.
I've just submitted the "project" on Elto's system.
In the meantime, would it be possible for you to simply point out what files should I look for in order to do the tweaks I've mentioned on my last message? Hopefully I'll be able to find a way to work it out myself..
1) That would be in the inc/featured.php file
2) Edit the functions/loop.php file
3) Same file as #2, different parts of the file. It's basically a giant switch statement depending on which loop is being displayed, and you can see where each one starts by the name of the "case" satement.
Thanks again, I'll look into it soon.