Okay
  Public Ticket #174334
Minisite taxonomy: nothing to se here
Closed

Comments

  • MatouÅ¡ started the conversation
    Hello, I have an issue, I had set the permalink structure to postname.I had created a new minisite (videominisite) and a new page for that minisite. Than I created a primary taxonomy(Taxonomy1) and few records within this taxonomy(tax1,tax2 etc.). I then created few posts and assigned them to taxonomy records. Firstly the minisite wasn't displaying (error 404) but rebuilding permalinks worked. All the posts displayed correctly in the post loop. But when I select a single taxonomy record the page says "nothing to see here". Sometimes it even switches the taxonomy submenu of another minisite's taxonomy submenu still saying "nothing to see here". And sometimes it works correctly. It changes almost with every page refresh. It happens to me with multiple hosting servers and even with latest and previous wordpress version. You can try it here http://wpflavor.co.nf/videominisite/ where I test it right now. I also have a problem with some pictures, the random button and recent articles button show wrong picture. Hopefully I am doing just something wrong. Thank you for answer
  •  321
    Brian replied

    It could be an issue with the names of your minisite(s) for instance if you have any illegal characters in there like cyrillics, accents, symbols, etc. Also if you have two taxonomies with the same name or slug within one minisite, or even possibly taxonomies, minisites, and specific pages sharing the same names. In order to find out if any of these are the case, try creating a brand new minisite with taxonomy and items and make sure they are all new and unique and see if the same issue happens. That will help us isolate if it's an issue just with that minisite or a larger theme issue.

  • MatouÅ¡ replied

    Ok I tried as suggested. I even created new wordpress installation uploaded theme and created minisite and taxonomy and few posts. Everything with completely different names and slugs. I used only english alphabet. The problem persists. I am kind of lost here. 

    Updated: I tried wordpress 3.7.1 and 3.7 and 3.6 still the same problem. 

  •  321
    Brian replied

    Please give me login information for the new WordPress installation and I'll see if I can replicate the issue.

  •   MatouÅ¡ replied privately
  •  321
    Brian replied

    You had the minisite set to be Excluded in the minisite setup screen which also hides it from archive pages. You have to include it for the taxonomy listing pages to work.

  • MatouÅ¡ replied

    Thank you very much. It seems I haven't completely understood the instructions on that.

    Last thing. I have some icons not showing correctly. I couldn't find those in the theme folder. I pointed them in this picture http://pandaprojekt.cz/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Picture.jpg

  •  321
    Brian replied

    Check out this FAQ which should help solve this issue: http://industrialthemes.ticksy.com/faq/1845

  • MatouÅ¡ replied

    Thank you, this helped. BTW it happens in the Opera browser as well.

    Best wishes, keep on doing good work, Great theme.