Can I import the demo MySql database directly via a .sql file?
Yes! A .sql file is included that you can import directly into your mysql database via phpMyAdmin. Here is how you do this:
- Backup your database!
- Open your WordPress database using phpMyAdmin on your web server
- Drop all of your tables: Structure >> Check All >> With Selected: Drop
- Click Import tab at the top
- Click Choose File and select the .sql file in your Made-Theme folder
- Click Go
- Open your wp_options table
- Change the value in the siteurl and home records to your domain (currently they are pointing to http://www.brianmcculloh.com/wp-made-demo)
After you make these changes, you can access your WordPress admin panel using the following credentials:
- Username: demo
- Password: industrialthemes
Once logged in you should see all of the demo content and settings except for the images (you will have to populate your own images - they are not contained in the SQL file.)