How do the user ratings (added in Made version 1.5) work, exactly?
Here are some things worth noting regarding user ratings:
- Users can rate both by posting a comment or in the rating overview panel without having to leave a comment
- Ratings are stored both in the comment meta data and as a custom field on the review itself called "user_rating" (don't delete the custom field or you will lose the total number of ratings!)
- All or nothing right now - can't hide certain parts of user ratings
- Users can only rate once (tracked via IP Address)
- You must go to your Review Options and click Save before you will see user ratings on your site (the setting is marked as "enabled" by default but it's not actually active until you click Save)
- You can enable user ratings on a per review type basis, but not on a per review basis